Policy & Agreement
COMPUTER REPAIR & SERVICE AGREEMENT
1. Tech Genius In Action will only perform and provide computer services, repairs, and upgrades as requested by the client. Tech Genius In Action will conduct honest, reasonable, and considerate services. The goal is to provide the highest quality of service and support, but specific results cannot be guaranteed.
2. Computer service/repairs are provided as a service. There may be circumstances under which Client’s computer cannot be repaired. It will have to be rebuilt or upgraded. (Examples: Age of PC, repair/replacement parts obsolete (memory chips, motherboards, etc.)
3. The length of time required to service/repair your computer cannot be predicted. (See section 2.1 below)
4. Client understands that in the process of working on your computer equipment, there is a potential for data loss. You agree that you have made the necessary backups of your data so that, in the event of such loss, the data can be restored. Tech Genius In Action will not be responsible for data loss. (See section 4.4 below)
5. Client authorizes the technician(s) providing the service or repair to install anti-virus and any other necessary software on your computer to perform required services. All software will be deleted / uninstalled upon completion of the service (unless purchased).
6. All remote repair services are subject to the terms in this agreement.
7. After an repair conducted at Tech Genius In Action’s office is complete, Client must take delivery of computer within 2 business days or a storage fee of $4.00 per day will be assessed.
2. BILLING TERMS
1. Computer services/repairs are billed as stated on the service order or invoice provided. The most common services are charged by flat rate fees that can be found on the Computer Services page of www.Techgeniusinaction.com. Services not listed on the Services page may be charged by the hour. Our hourly rate is $40.00 an hour. An example would be a WIRED network setup. This would take much more time to complete compared to a flat rate service. The minimum charge for an hourly service is 1 hour ($40.00 + tax [if applicable]).
2. There is a minimum charge of $50.00 for any On-Site call made or any service performed.
3. An estimate of cost for work will be provided before performing computer services/repairs. Estimates are not guaranteed.
4. Not all services can be completed on-site and must be completed at our offices.
5. In the case that there is an unforeseen deviation, beyond the above estimated amount, every effort will be made to contact you and inform you of the situation and receive authorization to continue or stop at the estimate limit.
6. In the case that the Client cannot be reached, work will stop until contact is established. Once reached, Clients decision to continue or stop will be honored by Tech Genius In Action.
7. All services/repairs may be subject to New York State Sales Tax.
8. All remote repair services must be paid before commencement of work. If for any reason Client is unhappy or we cannot complete the service, a full or partial refund may be issued.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
1. Full payment is due upon completion of services, upgrades, or repairs.
2. Computer parts, hardware, or/and software that are ordered or special ordered must be paid in advance.
3. Tech Genius In Action accepts cash, checks, and credit cards. Note: Checks are cleared within 24 hours as an eCheck. A $30.00 service fee will be charged for any returned check with NFS and credit card payments may have a 4.0% transaction fee included to the total amount of the bill.
4. In order for Tech Genius In Action to keep its rates low, payments must be made promptly. Bills will be deemed delinquent and assessed a $25.00 charge if payment is not received within 15 days after the completed service date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after completed service date, an additional 25% penalty of original balance will be added for each week of delinquency. Tech Genius In Action reserves the right to report delinquent payment to credit bureau(s) and collection agencies in attempts to recover payment. If deemed necessary, Tech Genius In Action reserves the right to take client to court to recover costs in which client will incur all fees by the process.
1. Service(s) are provided in an effort to fix, upgrade, or otherwise repair the computer system(s) for which client or authorized representative requested such service(s).
2. Your system will not be intentionally harmed. The primary goal is to fix your computer, not damage it.
3. In the case of accidental damage of data to your system or data loss caused by already existing problems in your system such as viruses, bad configured software, or hardware problems/failures, Client agrees not to hold Tech Genius In Action and any person(s) associated with Tech Genius In Action or involved in the work being done for Client harmless from damages resulting from such problems.
4. It Client’s responsibility to backup data unless listed on Service Order. Tech Genius In Action will not be responsible for data loss. (See Section 1.4 above)
1. Customer satisfaction is our utmost importance.
2. All services will be conducted in a professional, reasonable and timely manner. Also, taking into consideration the circumstances and nature of the technical problems.
3. Free support will be provided for problems to be resolved from the service order, but not resolved. After 5 days from completed service date, Tech Genius In Action will no longer offer free support.
4. Warranty work will only be covered if it is related to the work on the service order. Unrelated work will not be covered by the warranty and may be charged accordingly.
6. REPAIRS & SERVICE GUARANTEE
1. All services and repairs are guaranteed for 5 days from the completion / acceptance date on the Service Order.
2. If later found that the service or repair was incorrectly diagnosed by the technician. Then Tech Genius In Action will perform the repair/service free of any labor charge. Only the new parts will be charged.
1. Tech Genius In Action offers free estimates over the phone, at office, or via email.
2. For in-home/on-site estimates there will be a $50.00 fee. If you decide at that time you would like Tech Genius In Action to work on Client’s system, this fee will be waived and Client will only be charged for the service being performed. (see section 2.1 above).
3. A $25.00 fee will be charged if Client fails to show up at scheduled appointment without a 4-hour cancellation notice.
4. Customers are asked to not interrupt the technician as the evaluation and estimate are completed. Save all additional questions until after you receive the estimate.
5. If Client decides at the time of the in home service call you would not like Tech Genius In Action to fix their computer or systems; Client will be charged the $50.00 service call fee and will have to pay for the full price of any service performed in the future (the fifty dollar fee will not be waived).
1. All Tech Genius In Action technicians are CompTIA A+ Certified service technicians or the technician is “overseen” / supervised by an
A+ Certified technician until the subordinate technician receives accredited
A+ Certification from CompTIA.